- Category: Vegetables
- 2 - 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- Heat 1/2" oil in a large frying pan to 350˚F.
- While oil is heating, peel and grate the potatoes. Wrap the grated potatoes in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Combine the potatoes in a bowl with the egg, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a rounded tablespoon of the potato mixture in the hot oil. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream or applesauce.